On The Road Again...
Today I bit the bullet and went and rejoined Weight Watchers. I have missed quite a few weeks for this and that reason. Finally, I decided that I was important enough to get out of bed for early on a Saturday morning and get down there and weigh in and then stick to the diet ( oops, lifestyle). Stepping on the scales I said " Don't tell me the numbers, I'll deal with them later. I know I gained and quite a bit" and shut my eyes up tight ( as if maybe that would help)
After a moment of silence she coughed and told me she had good news. I had lost two pounds over the time I had been away!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You say just two pounds? I say two pounds!!!!!! That makes a total of 20 since January and almost 45 from my high weight. I just about danced away from that scale! I thought that I was going to have to relose some of the weight I already relost and was frustrated and slightly down cause is so much harder to lose than gain. Two pounds is fine. Yes, it could have been more. IF onlys and coulda, shoulda, wouldas don't work right now. So I gotta start from this moment and keep on keepin on.
Yes!
After a moment of silence she coughed and told me she had good news. I had lost two pounds over the time I had been away!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You say just two pounds? I say two pounds!!!!!! That makes a total of 20 since January and almost 45 from my high weight. I just about danced away from that scale! I thought that I was going to have to relose some of the weight I already relost and was frustrated and slightly down cause is so much harder to lose than gain. Two pounds is fine. Yes, it could have been more. IF onlys and coulda, shoulda, wouldas don't work right now. So I gotta start from this moment and keep on keepin on.
Yes!
7 Comments:
Mrs. Wizzle, I apologize....I was going to call and totally forgot to let you know I was going to be away at District Conference today!!! Hope everything went well at WeBFit....I am sure you covered for me!
AND I am so excited about your retaining your weight loss AND your exercise.....GREAT GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to see the results by the end of summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, I love exclamation marks too!!!!! How else do you show how excited you are or how much you feel about something!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Carla nice shoes!!!!
Shannon, thanks for the prayers!!!!!!
AND Mrs. Wizzle we did pray for you in Ladies Prayer!!
Prayer WORKS!!!
Mrs. Wizzle, I would have done a dance regardless of who was watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I like exclamation marks, also!!! It's the only way to show your excitement when typing! Keep it up!!!
Mrs. Wizzle: You have been a wonderful supporter and encourager of me (and other people as well, from what I've read). I am not one to open up much about my own weight struggles, obvious as they are, and because of that never thought I'd ever comment on this blog. However, I must tell you how much I appreciate your openness with your struggle because it's one that I can relate to very much. I, too, have been at the place where I really had to force myself to weigh-in and many of those times I have been disappointed.
It's tough to feel that after battling this week after week that it's not getting any easier, and wonder if it ever will. I'm not sure if that's exactly where you're at, but you have tried to encourage me in this area.
Again, you are a wonderful inspiration to me. Thank you for the example you set in getting "back on the wagon" over and over again. That is probably where I fail the most.
Darla, don't EVER give up! Read through the blogs going back. there are some great comments in the comment section.
Today at WW we talked about commitment and perseverance, etc. One lady who sat ahead of me had been at it for 12 weeks and this week she lost her first 2.6 pounds! that is perseverance! Another lady had gone and followed the plan and exercised and was not moving on the scales. The leader analyzed her journals and there was nothing she could find to change so she kept doing the same thing day in day out and just last week she lost.
Keep it up. Work on one change at a time. You will do it if you keep trying.
Sis King: You did tell me you were going to District Conference and it is on my list you emailed me. We did fine. Missed you though!
I am telling you. I felt a difference mentally from Friday night on! My gratitude is deep and thanks are abundant! thank the ladies for me.
We have a powerful ladies prayer group. I miss being at Ladies prayer but it won't be long until summer time. yehaw!
Mrs. Wizzle: See what I mean about your support? I knew you'd have some fresh, new encouragement for me.
One thing I have learned to do is pay for WW for 16 weeks at a time. It would be pretty tough for me to throw in the towel and essentially "throw away" all that money, whereas if I paid weekly and kept having yo-yo weeks (like I have been) I really think I would have just quit going by now.
Post a Comment
<< Home