We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Monday, February 06, 2012

This post is for those that are interested, but specifically Amy (see previous post). :)

She asked for recipes or tips of foods to add some variety to your menus. Remember, I am going to go by the diet that I have followed these past 2 years, and I can say that it does work! You can follow this or do what works for you. Whatever you are comfortable with.

For breakfast, I eat a protein and a starch. Lunch: a protein, fruit, and a vegetable. Dinner: a protein, vegetable, and a starch. At one time, I gave information to Sis. King, but if she doesn't have it any longer, I can look for it and re-send. I believe that the information I gave stated portion sizes, etc.

The proteins that I eat consist of: 2 medium sized eggs, 2 oz. hard cheese (not the pre-shredded kind), 4 oz. of cottage cheese, tuna, tilapia, chicken breast, turkey breast, cooked ground turkey breast (seasoned right tastes like sausage). Up to 2 times a week (4 oz. cooked): pork loin, lean ground round, rump roast, choice sirloin. The reasoning for eating the last three proteins only up to 2x a week: these proteins stay in your system for up to 3 days. Your body doesn't process them as quickly as the first group. :-/ I stay away from these most of the time. I do allow myself them from time to time. It just depends on how quickly you want to lose!

P.S. This is to follow if you want to lose. If you're wanting to maintain your current weight, obviously, you'll add extra foods into your diet.

More to follow...

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy St. Pierre said...

Awesome! Yes, would love the portion sizes and such too if you can find it. I have been eating alot more protein as well, wasn't sure I could at first but am now.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Protein is what makes you burn the fat off. It also helps break down the carbs.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home