We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Well!

Just to let you know that I am not not trying. Since November I have been working on it! It has been a comedy of errors. I went off of sugar, white flour etc., which what works for me and I did fine for a week. I lost 7 lbs in that week. Yes, just from changing to the good GI foods. Then it started! I had issues with going to my appointments for weight loss. Boys, even to get to make appointments. I do not know what happened first, I did something to my back twice. (Just sitting in the wrong chairs for any length of time can do it) I think I broke a bone in my foot. Work is extremely busy and I felt I did not have time to go to the clinic. And I had a tooth pulled. The tooth is important because I had to be on soft foods for 3 - 4 days and I do not tolerate "sugar free" products very well. So I could not move, I had to eat sugar puddings and jellos etc. Sooooo I was off of my no sugar time, again! I could barely, if at all walk around a grocery store and was eating what was in the freezer etc. Which I promise was not frozen vegetables and fruit. And on and on it goes. I cannot count the times that I have gone off of sugar,etc., since November. This all did not happen at once but since November. The back times and the foot times took weeks to get better. The sugar was a struggle constantly.

Finally I called the clinic. ( It is a place that was recommended by a neighbour and it is paid for by Alberta Health Care, they will walk you through, look at your food diary, listen and advise as well as weigh you, take your measurements , (grooaaaannnn), and look at your blood pressure, It took over three months to get in) I made an appointment for last week and even though last week was rough and horrible, I feel like I am going to be able to do it. Just the fact that I have had two appointments in a row and the third is booked is a plus.

What I had to realize was that I am important enough to take the time to go to the clinic, buy the groceries for and cook and make sure that I get started on my exercise. Which is again a time thing.

Soooo...... to make a long story longer. I lost 7 lbs that first week, when I went in for the last week appointment I had gained 1 1/2 lbs since November. ( I believe that I probably fluctuated up and down a great deal more than that during that time) And this horrible, nasty, fighting with everything labelled food, week I lost (they said) 2 1/2 lbs. the number don't jive though. I think that I have lost 7 1/2 total. Which for the length of time is not great, but way better than going in the other direction.

You have all inspired me with your determination and perseverance. I have read about your struggles and getting back at it and been inspired to keep trying and finally to actually find the time to make the phone call to make the appointment and ignore the state of my desk and go to the appointment.

Thank you all, you are amazing!

2 Comments:

Blogger Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

You are amazing too,Sheri. I am impressed with all of you trying to lose weight. It is not for the faint of heart! It takes alot of discipline and perseverance.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Judy King said...

YAHOO!!! Sherri, I am so proud of you....you just keep getting up and trying again!! And that is the only way!!

I believe in you! I know you can do it! I know you will feel so much better....and I am not talking just about image!! I am speaking of how you feel health wise...energy wise....and on and on it goes!!!

I have been off sugar since the first of the year. I have had a bite of birthday cake a couple of times and a bit of peach cobbler last night. Other than that....I am sugar free!!

I feel much better without it!!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home