Fresh Fruits or Veggies, Anyone?
I posted this on our family blog and thought I would put it on here, also.
I am not a fan of the summertime for the most part. It's a little too warm for my liking, however, I do like this time of year for all of the fresh fruits and vegetables that seem so plentiful.
Keith and I are truly blessed with some wonderful people in the church. For the past month or so, we have been loaded up (on a weekly basis) on zucchini, squash, bell peppers, cucumbers, onions, cantaloupe, and the list could go on. Most of it has been grown organically. Thanks to the wonderful people that have blessed our table with the "fruit" of your labor!
Yesterday while Keith was counseling with someone, I was sitting and talking with a young man. We were hungry at the moment, and you know the subject drifted towards food. We were talking about the different fruits and veggies we liked, and we were talking about our favorites. Well, that's a hard one to pinpoint!!! I knew I had to come up with something, but as of right now (while they're in season), I would have to say that cherries are our favorite fruit. Well, tonight, this person shows up at church with fresh cherries and saturn peaches. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I am not mentioning names, because these people don't usually like their names mentioned so I will respect that, but if you are reading this post, we want to let you know from the bottom of our hearts that everything is GREATLY appreciated!!!
Just curious, but to all of the other bloggers, what are some of your favorite fruits and vegetables?
I am not a fan of the summertime for the most part. It's a little too warm for my liking, however, I do like this time of year for all of the fresh fruits and vegetables that seem so plentiful.
Keith and I are truly blessed with some wonderful people in the church. For the past month or so, we have been loaded up (on a weekly basis) on zucchini, squash, bell peppers, cucumbers, onions, cantaloupe, and the list could go on. Most of it has been grown organically. Thanks to the wonderful people that have blessed our table with the "fruit" of your labor!
Yesterday while Keith was counseling with someone, I was sitting and talking with a young man. We were hungry at the moment, and you know the subject drifted towards food. We were talking about the different fruits and veggies we liked, and we were talking about our favorites. Well, that's a hard one to pinpoint!!! I knew I had to come up with something, but as of right now (while they're in season), I would have to say that cherries are our favorite fruit. Well, tonight, this person shows up at church with fresh cherries and saturn peaches. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I am not mentioning names, because these people don't usually like their names mentioned so I will respect that, but if you are reading this post, we want to let you know from the bottom of our hearts that everything is GREATLY appreciated!!!
Just curious, but to all of the other bloggers, what are some of your favorite fruits and vegetables?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home