Fresh Fruits and Veggies????
OH BOY! I am in trouble! I just came on to tell about my first corn of the season here. It probably wasn't grown around here but I have been craving corn on the cob. Yum. While we were in Washington I learned a new way to eat it. It is NOT lo cal at all! In fact this is a once in a very long while kind of thing to eat. While we were at someone's house for dinner one of the girls told me I HAD to try it. you spread Mayonaise (NOT Miracle Whip) on your cooked corn cob and then you sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of that and then you sprinkle cayenne pepper over top of that. It was good. I discovered something better tonight. Of course when I went hunting in my cupboards I could not find any cayenne pepper so I tried regular black pepper on one and....... Chipotle seasoning on the other. The black pepper was as good as the cayenne. The chipotle was yuuuuuummmmmmmy! Oh my, I CANNOT make this a habit of my summer or include it, except rarely, in my "fresh fruits and vegetables". I do not even want to think about the number of calories or the grams of fat! But.......... so yummy! Butter before the Mayo is optional. Salt too. hmmm.... I might try Tony's seasoning instead. The mayo does not melt and drip. mmmmm...... Not for a looooonnnnng while again. mmmmmm.......
Nectarines are my favorite fruit right now. yumm.. With vanilla or peach yogurt. Strawberries with vanilla yogurt. mmmmm.....
Nectarines are my favorite fruit right now. yumm.. With vanilla or peach yogurt. Strawberries with vanilla yogurt. mmmmm.....
4 Comments:
People from Washington in general are healthy eaters........BUT the transplants from Louisiana to Washington aren't!!! LOL!
I don't think I have to guess if they were native to the area or not!
These were natives but have been greatly influenced by the transplants and all in her family except my friend Linda are "skinny minnies" I still would hate to see their cholesterol counts.
The others are not so skinny.
Veggies have been fabulous from the farmers market but I don't think I'll try mayo on corn.
Right now the raspberries, blueberries, blackberries are my favorite fruits along with new small pototoes and yellow/green beans for veggies.
Best of all, all the walking and spending time outside. I walk the park and think what an awesome place God has let us live beside.
We are blessed to live in this beautiful city!!!!
I am doing good with the diet!
I need a bit more on the exercise though!
I have worked in the yard and etc., which has been exercise but no enough!!
Post a Comment
<< Home