40 minutes of aerobic
Up at 7 a.m. and on the elliptical. I did 40 minutes today. 5.2 miles. I am trying to follow the advice of doing it long and slow.
They say this burns fat more efficiently. You have to consciously tell yourself not to speed up and get that heart rate up too high. The target rate for fat burn is 65-70% of your maximum heart rate. You find your maximum rate by subtracting your age from 220. Then take 65 to 75% of that and you have your fat burn range.
The goal for my aerobic exercise is 4 days a week with 45 minutes of low and slow. 65-70% of my heart rate. When I get that going good I enter another phase. We'll talk about that when I am there.
The other days of the week are 2 days of weight resistant strength training and one day of rest (sometimes I do aerobic on my rest day)
They say this burns fat more efficiently. You have to consciously tell yourself not to speed up and get that heart rate up too high. The target rate for fat burn is 65-70% of your maximum heart rate. You find your maximum rate by subtracting your age from 220. Then take 65 to 75% of that and you have your fat burn range.
The goal for my aerobic exercise is 4 days a week with 45 minutes of low and slow. 65-70% of my heart rate. When I get that going good I enter another phase. We'll talk about that when I am there.
The other days of the week are 2 days of weight resistant strength training and one day of rest (sometimes I do aerobic on my rest day)
3 Comments:
Good for you Helen! And 15 minutes two times a day is great!
They say even 10, 10, and 10 works!
Don't give up! Hang in there!!!
P.S. I don't want to put a guilt trip on you but I guess if it works.......LOL
Hey, for me, guilt trips work...heehee
Post a Comment
<< Home