We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Monday, January 07, 2013

New Year Ramblings!

It is now the first of the year and, yes, you guessed it, Judy is back on and at it again!

Looking over past post on the blog I rejoiced at the triumph of Carla, my cousin!  She looks amazing!  And the beauty of it is that she is a normal person like us all that has tried and tried for years to triumph and kept falling off and failing.

Then boom, she hit a plan that worked for her and she worked it!  Amazing Carla,  I am so proud of you and your continued success.  You have been an inspiration in the frozen north!!!

Then I felt like crying when I saw Mrs. Wizzle's name.  Her final triumph came through death.  I can't believe she has been gone almost a year now.  I miss her so much!

Mrs. Wizzle, we are going to keep trying!!!

This year, I decided to for health reasons and curiosity sake, to try to eliminate as much wheat, dairy and sugar as possible.  No because I am a convert of the Wheat Belly Book but because I know there are so many calories in all those foods!

I have Non Fat Greek Yogurt in my shake but have eliminated eating cheese and from putting milk in my tea.  I haven't had bread or any wheat products.  Also, the only sweetener has been from eating fruit and Stevia.

I will let you know if I see any big difference in how I feel.

I do know the weight is coming off fast the first week....but it always does for me in the first week.  Let's see how the next week goes.

I had lost 5 lbs after I returned from Italy in October.  However, I put back 3 over the holidays.  Now since October I  am a total of 6.1 down.

My goal is too lose as much as possible by March 15th.  That is the day we leave for our Israel/Jordan Trip.

Blogs like this help you stay accountable to one another.

Also, join MyFitnessPal.com  There is an iPad and iPhone app as well.  It has a great database for tracking your calories....along with a bar scan on the iPhone.  Love that!

Okay...let's hear from you....what are you doing?




9 Comments:

Blogger Amy St. Pierre said...

Back on again, here we go!!!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Yaaay!!! Y'all are back at it again! I'm cheering you on just like y'all did for me. Remember the ONLY time you fail is when you quit trying. I'm almost at the 1 year mark for the NEW me! Almost doesn't seem real, but I still have to keep this flesh under control or I'll zoom right back up to where I was weight wise. My song everyday..."I need thee, o I need thee! Every hour I need thee..." :-)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Yaaay!!! Y'all are back at it again! I'm cheering you on just like y'all did for me. Remember the ONLY time you fail is when you quit trying. I'm almost at the 1 year mark for the NEW me! Almost doesn't seem real, but I still have to keep this flesh under control or I'll zoom right back up to where I was weight wise. My song everyday..."I need thee, o I need thee! Every hour I need thee..." :-)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Amy St. Pierre said...

Thanks Carla! This really is such a battle! But if you can do it so can I?

6:47 AM  
Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Amy, you CAN do this! I'm 133 lbs down...I speak from experience! :-)

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carla...you are so amazing! You have been such an inspiration to Calgary!

Keep it up! You are worth it!!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Thanks, Judy! Maybe the "new" me can visit again soon?!!! :). Love you much!!!!!!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Amy St. Pierre said...

You truly are an inspiration Carla! You look absolutely amazing and I am sure you feel the same way!!! We would love to have you come visit!!! Give us some pep talks!!!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Amy St. Pierre said...

Nan I cannot make a post! Can you please send me another invite and I will try again? Thank you!!!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home