Just Letting You Know
I am sure you know the struggle we all have to keep at this battle. We never really stop fighting it. Health is my aim.
I have been reading a book called Wheat Belly - Lose the Wheat, Lose the Belly. Eventually this book recommends that you got to low carb as well as no wheat. I don't think that I am able to do that at all, but am giving the no wheat a shot combined with the GI diet, so that the refined stuff remains out the window too. There are many reasons for this choice as the book so clearly states. I won't go into them here.
So far, so good. No major withdrawal symptoms. I have been expecting withdrawal symptoms but have had nothing more severe than cravings and a slight headache. Hopefully this will continue. Habits are the hardest to deal with. I have had to plan ferociously in order to not turn to my staple of toast and peanut butter and crackers and cheese. Simple carbs are sooo easy to turn to. I chose to implement this after Thanksgiving dinner cause of the cornbread dressing that has flour in it and well as the gravy with flour in it. And because I was off for the week after Thanksgiving. I did not want every body at school to be subject to my withdrawal symptoms if there were to be any.
here is to day 2 almost completed. I will let you know how it goes.
I have been reading a book called Wheat Belly - Lose the Wheat, Lose the Belly. Eventually this book recommends that you got to low carb as well as no wheat. I don't think that I am able to do that at all, but am giving the no wheat a shot combined with the GI diet, so that the refined stuff remains out the window too. There are many reasons for this choice as the book so clearly states. I won't go into them here.
So far, so good. No major withdrawal symptoms. I have been expecting withdrawal symptoms but have had nothing more severe than cravings and a slight headache. Hopefully this will continue. Habits are the hardest to deal with. I have had to plan ferociously in order to not turn to my staple of toast and peanut butter and crackers and cheese. Simple carbs are sooo easy to turn to. I chose to implement this after Thanksgiving dinner cause of the cornbread dressing that has flour in it and well as the gravy with flour in it. And because I was off for the week after Thanksgiving. I did not want every body at school to be subject to my withdrawal symptoms if there were to be any.
here is to day 2 almost completed. I will let you know how it goes.
1 Comments:
Yea, flour is a biggy...I will try it too-I love bread so will be a real challenge!
Post a Comment
<< Home