Life...
Well, it's been a long time since my last post. I have lost some more inches, but the pounds have slowed drastically for now. The kitchen is almost finished. We had a few tiles (ceramic) that were not laid right so they had to be redone. Hmmm...this past week, I found a few more loose ones! :( Hopefully, the problem will be resolved this week. At least I can cook in it even though it feels as if I'm playing hopscotch sometimes! :)
We have had some family disappointments during the month of February also. My Dad's younger brother, by 2 years, passed away on February 7. He had lymphoma. The day of the family viewing, my Dad's only sister (who has eaten right and exercised her whole life), suffered a massive stroke. She would have been 82 on April 20. Her husband had already died 12-1/2 years earlier, and they had no children. Keith and I were closer to her than the other nieces and nephews, so the duty of taking care of her fell to us. Dad has been so grieved but seems to be doing okay now. The stroke paralyzed my Aunt Lou's whole right side, she lost her ability to speak, and most of her swallowing ability. Even though she had made Keith and I the executors and co-owners with her bank account, she was a VERY private person, and we didn't have a clue as to where all of her paper work was kept! After searching in her office for approximately 2 hours, I found her Advanced Medical Directive. It was as I thought it would be. After faxing it to her doctor, we brought her home, with hospice, after being in the hospital for a week. She passed after a week of being home. Wellllll...Keith and I are learning a whole lot more than we ever thought possible! Amazing what has to take place after someone is 'gone'!!! We're learning even more than before, what is REALLY important in life and what is NOT!
I guess I'm through venting for the night. :) Haven't had time to sit and blog, much less time to sit and think. Take care and look forward to hearing more of your weight loss successes!!!
We have had some family disappointments during the month of February also. My Dad's younger brother, by 2 years, passed away on February 7. He had lymphoma. The day of the family viewing, my Dad's only sister (who has eaten right and exercised her whole life), suffered a massive stroke. She would have been 82 on April 20. Her husband had already died 12-1/2 years earlier, and they had no children. Keith and I were closer to her than the other nieces and nephews, so the duty of taking care of her fell to us. Dad has been so grieved but seems to be doing okay now. The stroke paralyzed my Aunt Lou's whole right side, she lost her ability to speak, and most of her swallowing ability. Even though she had made Keith and I the executors and co-owners with her bank account, she was a VERY private person, and we didn't have a clue as to where all of her paper work was kept! After searching in her office for approximately 2 hours, I found her Advanced Medical Directive. It was as I thought it would be. After faxing it to her doctor, we brought her home, with hospice, after being in the hospital for a week. She passed after a week of being home. Wellllll...Keith and I are learning a whole lot more than we ever thought possible! Amazing what has to take place after someone is 'gone'!!! We're learning even more than before, what is REALLY important in life and what is NOT!
I guess I'm through venting for the night. :) Haven't had time to sit and blog, much less time to sit and think. Take care and look forward to hearing more of your weight loss successes!!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home