Weighed in again today. Lost another lb. = 93!!! I'm almost still in shock over my weight loss...
If you're THINKING about starting a weight loss program, don't think, DO!!! It will change a lot of things in your life: will help out spiritually, mentally (even though I am challenged when shopping now - will explain more of that later), physically (soooo many benefits)...
I cannot believe it has been almost a year since I began this journey?! February the 8th, 2010. Time really flies when you're having fun! Although it seemed at times that I had too much to lose, that I would never be able to attain my goal, I began sometime in March of last year, setting SMALL goals that WERE attainable. Looking back, I can see where that is what helped me stay focused. 1 pound at a time. 1 inch at a time. 1 foot in front of the other (exercise). When I tell Keith that I can't wait to finish losing, he just smiles at me and tells me to enjoy the journey. If you're like I was and have a lot of weight to lose, get started, and then sit back and enjoy the journey.
Now to explain the shopping challenge. When you're used to shopping in what I have come to call 'extra fluffy' sizes - you know the area of the department store that covers only a small area? - it is a little difficult when you can start shopping in the WHOLE store! I'm not complaining, just explaining some of the emotions that I've had to deal with. I've had breakdowns (crying) in the dressing room. Yep, I've had to stay in the dressing room for a while until the red eyes and nose disappeared! I've been VERY tempted to leave the tags on my new clothes to show what size I could wear at the time. Yeah, go ahead and laugh! But when you've only been able to wear 'extra fluffy' sizes for the past 20+ years, you'd be tempted to do the same. :)
Recently, Keith and the girls went with me shopping - brave on their part - Keith finally looked at me and asked, "What are you doing?" Without realizing it, I had been circling around the same area without really looking at anything in particular. Again, it's been hard to realize that I'm small enough to shop in 'normal' sizes. I LOVE to shop, so I'm going to have to get myself straightened out QUICK so I can get going on my shopping again!
If you're THINKING about starting a weight loss program, don't think, DO!!! It will change a lot of things in your life: will help out spiritually, mentally (even though I am challenged when shopping now - will explain more of that later), physically (soooo many benefits)...
I cannot believe it has been almost a year since I began this journey?! February the 8th, 2010. Time really flies when you're having fun! Although it seemed at times that I had too much to lose, that I would never be able to attain my goal, I began sometime in March of last year, setting SMALL goals that WERE attainable. Looking back, I can see where that is what helped me stay focused. 1 pound at a time. 1 inch at a time. 1 foot in front of the other (exercise). When I tell Keith that I can't wait to finish losing, he just smiles at me and tells me to enjoy the journey. If you're like I was and have a lot of weight to lose, get started, and then sit back and enjoy the journey.
Now to explain the shopping challenge. When you're used to shopping in what I have come to call 'extra fluffy' sizes - you know the area of the department store that covers only a small area? - it is a little difficult when you can start shopping in the WHOLE store! I'm not complaining, just explaining some of the emotions that I've had to deal with. I've had breakdowns (crying) in the dressing room. Yep, I've had to stay in the dressing room for a while until the red eyes and nose disappeared! I've been VERY tempted to leave the tags on my new clothes to show what size I could wear at the time. Yeah, go ahead and laugh! But when you've only been able to wear 'extra fluffy' sizes for the past 20+ years, you'd be tempted to do the same. :)
Recently, Keith and the girls went with me shopping - brave on their part - Keith finally looked at me and asked, "What are you doing?" Without realizing it, I had been circling around the same area without really looking at anything in particular. Again, it's been hard to realize that I'm small enough to shop in 'normal' sizes. I LOVE to shop, so I'm going to have to get myself straightened out QUICK so I can get going on my shopping again!
1 Comments:
Lost another 2 this week (1/14/11) = 95... Countdown until the end has begun!
Post a Comment
<< Home