We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This Thanksgiving goes down in history for me! First of all, it is the first Thanksgiving I have EVER gone without any kind of dessert!!! I made most of them: 2 pecan pies, pumpkin pie, Vermont pumpkin spice cake w/maple cream cheese frosting, cherry cheesecake and sugar cookies. Is your mouth watering yet? :)

It actually wasn't hard doing without the desserts; HOWEVER, I talked to my counselor beforehand, and she agreed it was okay for me to have a little dressing (my absolute favorite part of the meal). So I did! I upped my protein (smoked turkey breast) a little, to offset the carbs from the dressing, had green beans for my vegetable, and blueberries for my fruit/dessert.

Second of all, this is the first Thanksgiving I have ever LOST weight! Yep, I lost a pound. I was hoping for maybe one more, but my counselor told me that that was incredible to come out of the Thanksgiving holidays having LOST weight. She said most actually gain or stay the same. So for that I am VERY thankful!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy St. Pierre said...

Wow, awesome Carla! Your willpower amazes me-do you ever get uncontrollable cravings-and what do you do?

10:46 AM  
Blogger Keith and Carla said...

It's been a while since there has been a large enough amount of sugar in my body. If everyone is eating something sweet, and I 'think' I NEED something, I keep the small squares of the dark, dark chocolate (higher than 60% cocoa)and will eat one of those. I usually find that's not what I wanted after all! Eating my fruit at lunch usually takes care of a 'sweet' tooth. :) Give yourself time.

The area I have to watch now is breads. I LOVE breads of all kinds!!!

We had a great Thanksgiving, but we as a family did receive some bad news that day. My sis-n-law grabbed a piece of pie and I went for a piece of sugar-free gum. She started laughing and pointed to my mouth vs. her plate. I told her if I went for the pie that that would only compound the problem!

Just as in our spiritual walk, we turn our problems over to God, we should do the same in EVERY area of our physical (eating included) beings.

Wishing you the best on your weight loss journey - and believe you me, it is a journey! I started the 2nd week of February - I will continue on this journey until I take my last breath. It will be a fight against what the flesh wants vs. what it needs. Remember, temperance (self-control)is a fruit of the Spirit. We all tend to overlook this fruit - maybe because it's at the last of the list?

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home