We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Starting again

Yes, again! But at least I am starting again!!! How many times has it been!? Terrible! But here goes! I wanted to tell you so I will have someone to be accountable to! You are watching! YIKES!

7 years ago I lost 35 lbs. in 4 months and kept it off for a long time.........now I have slowly put back on 17 lbs of that weight! I want it back off!!!

For my health mostly and for how I feel!!! I don't like this unhealthy feeling!

I have scaled back my eating and am watching what I eat since I returned from Europe last week. Too many crossiants there!!

My goal is to get my weight off and back in good physical shape with diet and exercise by Sept 1st. That gives me 12 weeks. If I manage to lose 1 lb average per week (with more on a few weeks) I should have it nailed! I SHOULD be able to lose 2 lbs per week easy....That would mean meeting my goal much sooner but I'll set it longer just in case!

At least I am home for most of the summer!!! So much easier at home than traveling!!

So here goes!!! I will try my best to keep you updated on my progress! Hopefully you will also see the evidence of it when you see me!

I am so proud of Helen! She has done amazing! Keep it up Helen! By Israel in March you are going to be one slim chick!

Also proud of my cuz, Carla! Way to go! Post some pics!

4 Comments:

Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Judy, I am wanting to post pics, but wanted to reach the big 5-0 mark before I do! AND I am proud to say that I am only 3 lbs away from that goal!!!!! I am the smallest I have been since about 1-1/2 years after my wedding which was almost 22 years ago. So tickled! Just returned from Texas Campmeeting - and not just once, twice, but 3 times - got called "skinny-minny." Hahaha! I know that I'm still a little ways away from really being that small, but I AM headed in the right direction. I don't desire to be a "skinny-minny", but to be a healthy vessel that my Master would be pleased to dwell within and work through!

I noticed that you said you were scaling back on your eating, and I'm no expert on food, but I will say that I eat MORE food now than I did BEFORE I started on my healthy journey again. My counselor told me I HAVE to eat it. Sometimes I almost get sick/nauseated from it all, but hey, I AM losing the weight and inches with all that I am eating, so I just keep shoving it in! Keith asked me not too long ago, "Did you ever believe that you could actually lose weight/inches by eating as much as you do?" My answer was and still is, "NO!" Sometimes I do get sick of all that I eat, but realize it is healthy foods that I am shoving in.

Keep it up! Post your pics. :)

BTW, I was the biggest loser/winner for the clinic where I go. From the end of March to the end of May, I lost 24 lbs. I didn't even know there was a contest going on or I would have tried even harder! Mom says some things (with me) never change! :)

Love you!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Judy King said...

Yeah....scaling back as far as junk goes! For sure if I just eat healthy I am NOT starving for sure! Just watching the dessert deals and etc.

I'll look into the metabolic deal for sure....sounds like just balanced good healhty eating lifestyle....THE BEST WAY!

I am so proud of you! You are doing a great job and so determined! Always were a determined little gal! (Thinking about the deals of you choosing your clothes for kindergarten! LOL!)

Love you so much!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Keith and Carla said...

Do check out the Metabolic Research Center! It is VERY strict, but I have done it long enough that it is "normal" to me now. If you do, give them my name and have them call the clinic I go to (I will get a $25 credit - it's small but does help).

As for the determination, my counselor says I have "tunnel vision." :) That's another way of describing me!

I will try to get some pics posted this week (hopefully, I'll be at the 50 mark)!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Shannon49 said...

I just told one of the ladies at church that this weight is an up and down never ending battle. I have gained the most weight ever since a few years ago when I lost weight.

I have been back at it for a little while with a goal of 1 to 1.5 lbs per week. I will be at my goal for Sept 15th when I return to work. I'm off this summer for 6weeks vacation at home so that too should help.

It's the exercise .. and watching the food intake .. but I still like my treats (in moderation)

Carla, post pictures, I'm excited to see "skinny-minny."

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home