We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Make the calories count!

-One hormone that often needs reducing is insulin. It spikes after you eat fast food. Chronically elevated insulin has been linked to Alzheimer’s, cancer, obesity and type 2 diabetes. It comes down when you eat more fruits and vegetables which ‘feed’ your body rather than just filling it up with empty calories. There’s a big difference.

When I read this I thought about the calories I take in.....wanting to make sure my daily intake is full of good choices and not sugary or carb fillers!! So much disease associated with eating bad!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Wizzle said...

Hey, they say that pizza is one of the worst for raising your blood sugars. They are not sure why it just does. Maybe the white bread crust???

8:34 PM  
Blogger Judy King said...

Interesting!!

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home