We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Monday, July 23, 2007

Great Ideas!

I wanted to share a couple of really good tips that I received from Bro. Wagner recently. He has lost quite a bit of weight for health reasons. He went to a hospital seminar with a nutritionist.

The things that impacted him were the following ideas:

1) PUT YOUR FORK DOWN! After each bite put your fork down and finish chewing and swallowing before picking it back up for the next bite! Bro. Merritt has been trying it since he left a month ago. He said just leaning that trick netted him a 9 lbs. loss last month. It is very hard to do but it gives your mind time to adjust to knowing it is full sooner. We usually, I for sure, just keep shoving it in before we have even finished chewing the last bite! I am trying my best to implement this new idea into a lifetime habit.

2) Don't eat while doing other activities. Enjoy your food! Every single bite! Sit down and enjoy what you are eating. Your mind will register that you have actually eaten!!! I am bad for just shoving it down while on the computer or on the run!

Just those two ideas are life changing! And weight loss in inevitable!

4 Comments:

Blogger merbear said...

Wow, that is good information.
I am always eating on the go, running out the door.
I will start right away.
Thank you so much for sharing that with us.
Lets go........

5:39 PM  
Blogger Jessica deLeeuw said...

Hahahaha... Bro. Mullins told me about that and how he was watching Bro. Merrit. That's so awsome I've been trying to remember that when I eat. I'm on a pretty strict diet right now though with my Mom... SureSlim. I feel like I'm starving.. lol.. but she said it's only like that for the first 3-4 days.. so I'm on my 3rd day.. pray saints pray.. lol! Good luck ya'all.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Jessica deLeeuw said...

Wooohooo... I weighed in today... 8 pounds down!!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Judy King said...

Go Jessie and Helen! WOW you are looking good!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home