We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

For My Mom on Her 75th!!!!


I wrote this for my mom on our family site. I wanted to share it with you.


February 7, 2007


How can I even start a post about my Mom, Freda Leona Holley Green! I am amazed every time I am with her or talk to her or read an e-mail from her. If I could only be half as smart, half as spiritual, half as optimistic, half as wise, half as spunky, half as sweet.....I would be quite a woman!!!!


When I was in Cleburne last week I took her to the clinic to receive her first Procit shot to help her body produce some much needed red blood cells. It was a stressful visit. Her concern for the possible severe side effects was present.After the shot was given and she knew all was well we went to the Caddo St Grill for Chicken Fried Steak. As we sat down she said something that I will always treasure. She gave a huge sigh and said "You just will never know how much it means for you to be here with me at this time!"That statement was worth every dime, every minute, every stress of making the trip in a very busy time in my life. Those words mean more than any material thing I own! She means more than any schedule I could have!!!


Today she is 75 years old in her body but in her mind she will be forever young. She has an enthusiasm and bubble in her personality that lights up a room.


Mom, I love you so very much. You are such an awesome role model to me. Thank you for giving me so much of yourself. You lived for us kids. And we knew it.


Yesterday you learned you have cancer in your stomach. But you have conquered cancer before with the Lord. You have defied the diagnosis of the doctors so many times. You are a living miracle. As your kidney doctor put across your chart...."A long term survivor!"


And that you are in body and in spirit. You have survived some of the most unimaginable storms of life! I have witnessed your strength in adversity.You are a lovely woman, a beautiful Mother, and an unfailing Christian!


Happy 75th from Judy Wudy

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy St. Pierre said...

Your mom is so beautiful Sis. King, and looks amazing! Happy Birthday Sis. Green, you are a wonderful lady and thank you for sharing your absolutely incredible daughter with us!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Jessica deLeeuw said...

Aww, so beautiful and sweet! God bless the Greens! Sis. King is truly the King's Daughter! Love you and God bless!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Wow - that's awesome. It must have been so hard to walk away. You see the women she has always been, and in so many ways - so many strive to be 1/2 as wise as you, 1/2 as kind as you, 1/2 as spiritual as you - I think even in looks - you are your mother's daughter and I'm sure she's so proud. Your an amazing women and we're glad to have you as our example of a Godly woman. Your mom is in our prayers - what a survivor. God bless!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home