We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Thoughts on a Wednesday night

Tonight as I listen to my son, Mark, preach, my heart is stirred. As before I marvel that my offspring can minister to my heart and soul. That he can create desire in me to know God more. To love Him more. To please Him more.

Something that he said tonight connected something about Mark for me. He related how he received the gift of the Holy Ghost at the age of 7. He was in Children’s Church. Dave Steinberg was teaching the children about Jesus being their best friend. That thought took root in Mark’s young heart. He went forward to become best friends with Jesus.

The start of his own personal relationship with Jesus was desiring to be his best friend. Therefore it is not strange now that as a minister Mark’s focus is preaching on a personal relationship with Christ. His persistent theme is getting more of God. Tonight he is saying “I just want Jesus!” “I don’t care about anything else tonight!” “I want pure God tonight!” I listen and watch as he leads the church straight to the throne to communicate with their friend.

I am reminded again that if we get the relationship right we will not have trouble living to please Him. Everything falls in place when the relationship is a personal one. If we strive to live godly without that type of relationship it becomes just a struggle.

Developing a deeper relationship with the best friend you could have makes living for Him the most desirable thing you could do.

God be my best friend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica deLeeuw said...

Amen!! You did great summing up the entire service! I was upstairs in the balcony doing projector and I thought of the many times that I have felt the presence of God soo strongly by watching No Limits services, and such. I thought of the Presence of God that you must be feeling just even by watching the service.. and it made my heart cry! I wanted so badly to get my full mind on the service, even in worship, but then I would've missed a verse on the screen..
God is soo good to me, I'm so glad I can truly call him my friend. I am so hungry for a deepness in God. Mark's preaching has been soo incredibly annointed!! Thank God for your son!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Jessica deLeeuw said...

I didn't finish that... Thank God that your son has allowed God to speak through him to all of us!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Judy King said...

For sure Jessie. I pray that all of us at TC can develop the kind of relationship with the best friend that we could have. That we walk hand in hand with him everyday.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home