We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Monday, February 06, 2006

Treats and Sweets

I think that we need to share our favourite low cal/lowfat sweets and treats so we can have a variety and not feel deprived. For me Dairy Queen has a Sugar Free Fudge Bar with only 45 calories and no fat and tastes delicious. They also have a Sugar Free Orange Cream Bar with only 60 calories and no fat. They cost just over 2 bucks each. Another treat for me is a Tazo Chai tea from Starbucks. Just the tea bag in the cup and add sweetener and milk. Nummy. Also a little hit of caffeine. I make Chai tea at home with Presidents choice Chai tea, milk and sweetner and a shake of cinnamon. You can go as rich as yo want by varying the amount of milk and the type of milk. My sisters use rice cream. You could use Soy milk, whatever. One of the girls has told me that Starbucks has a sugarfree vanilla "syrup" now if that helps you.

There is a whack of Sugar free candies and some Hersheys sugar free chocolate bars at WalMart, but be careful, some of the chocolate has LOTS of fat and some of the candies can have a gaseous or laxative effect especially if you eat too many.

Don't forget Sister King's site for treats under 100 calories. Check in the archives for the website address.

Please share what quenches your cravings. For sweeties, salties, crunchies or all of the above. You have so much that you can share and help us in the sharing.

Keep it up to get it down.

PS I have two small bags of sugar free Jolly Ranchers from the states if anybody would like them. 4 pieces has 35 calories and 0 fat. My body cannot handle them in any amount. Just let me know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica deLeeuw said...

I enjoy the air popped, low fat caremal popcorn from Kernals. It's got just a slight hint of sweetness taste to it. I also like the liquorice allsorts and the tootsie roll idea when a chocolate craving comes on.
For me, a big treat is a nice hot tea with 1/4 tsp of sweetner in it.. it tastes sweet to me... and I love it!!
Weight watchers has some awsome no fat bars, and the calories are pretty good too. Just practise moderation, and I find I do ok.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Judy King said...

I like the Smart Pop by Orville Redenbachers. It is really good.

Also, I am a Tootsie Roll fan.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Judy King said...

I really like Non Fat Fruit Yogurts as well. It is sweet yet protien. I have a few small graham crackers with it.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home