We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Saturday, February 11, 2006

How things have changed

It is hard to remain positive to a mechanical device that will not do what you want it to do. But I am not naturally negative and can only take so much negativity ......... So .......

Today I would like to spit in the scale's face and tell the things that it doesn't tell.

How things have changed:
  • I went down a shoe size
  • I went down a pantyhose size
  • I went down 2 - 4 top sizes
  • I fit inside my bra
  • I walked from Darlene's house to mine in just over 20 minutes (Somewhere between 2 and 3 kms)
  • I did 7 kms (I assume they are kms) on the recumbent bike
  • I exercise 3 times a week or more
  • I eat breakfast every day I'm eating except Sunday
  • I drink 1 - 2 litres of water every day (still fighting to get in 2)
  • I can walk down stairs normal ( not one at a time)
  • I can go up the stairs faster and with less puffing (hardly any unless I run them)
  • I can stand through a whole song service (even with a baby in my arms)
  • It is not a big chore to run or dance
  • I can kneel and pray for a while between the pews
  • I can sit in a McDonalds seat at a table or a Wendy's or a Taco Bell or a restaurant booth
  • I can use just the normal seat belt on the plane not the extension
  • I can be weighed on my doctor's scale
  • My blood pressure is dropping
  • My blood pressure meds have been reduced
  • My cholesterol is lower (It has always been in the normal range, strangely enough)
  • I eat yogurt

So, pootoey on you scale. You will not stop me, 'cause there IS better to come!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Wizzle said...

I also forgot that I don't get indigestion and my back doesn't bother me as much.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Wizzle said...

I am crying again. Thank you for the support and kind words. You have no idea how much they mean to me. I almost did not write anything cause you judge everything by those stupid scales and there is so much else in our lives. The scales will tell a story and that story will be written. I truly appreciate the way you guys go to bat and help us over the rough 0's or + s. Thanks and thanks and thanks and thanks.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Amy St. Pierre said...

I was close to tears reading your post Mrs. Longski! I am soooo proud of you and am absolutely the most honored of women to have you as a friend and role model. I've always looked up to you, and now with us both battling the bulge, it is awesome to see you do it and it gives me determination! Love ya!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Jessica deLeeuw said...

Mrs. Wizzle.. All's I can say is WOW!!! I'm soo impressed!! You truly are an awsome example of strength!! What a change you are making in your life.. all for the best. You are gaining muscle, loosing fat... remember with more excercise; more muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat.. you can certainly tell that you are LOOSING inches!! Keep going, I'm glad we can be your support.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home