We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Yippee!

I left early last night but good news travels fast! I am so thrilled to see all the participants in this exciting event! Imagine the total pounds we will lose and not only that, the healthier, less stressed, more mobile people! It is wonderful to have buddies in something that is not always easy. Plus I finally learned how to post something thanks to JBL ,Judy Be Loser, (although I have already lost one post, duh! which was thanks only to me)

I am not happy about this past month (food ingested, exercise ignored, weight gained) but realize, nevertheless, I have come a long way. I had never really exercised since I was a teen and when I decided to try it I could not go 1 km on the exercise bike without feeling like I was going to die or burst. I could not walk around my block without strategizing where I was going to sit down (2 -3 times) before I got home. Now I start by warming up with 5km on the bike and spend the rest of 45 min - 1 hour working on machines. I can walk around the block in minutes with no huffing or puffing. The place I exercise is similar to Curves but the owner has include a bike, treadmill, elliptical, skiing, rowing machine and weights as well as balls, hula hoops and skipping ropes. You can have variety to keep you interested.

I have exercised twice this week. Yippee! and will for sure make it 3. My aim is 4 times a week and yes I look for exercise whereever I can find it. Walking around the small fellowship hall, the parking lot, doing exercises during the kid's phys ed. etc. etc.

My main goal is health. I am determined not to become diabetic like two parents, a grandparent and a husband. I do not want to be old, feeble, and unable to look after myself. I feel ready to take on the challenge with you all and work ferociously for the next ?? days as part of the 52 day challenge.

Reccomendations: If you are an emotional eater try The Ultimate Weight Solution by Dr. Phil McGraw

Wendy Bugardner's walking site: walking.about.com this takes you from nothing to doing marathon's and everybody can afford to walk.

ediets They will send you informational emails and you can use their nutritional tracker to help with calories and your nutrition.

I am truly looking forward to great things with this great group. Keep it up or should I say keep it down. =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy King said...

I am so excited as well. The total lbs. down will be incredible. The rest of the church is going to see the inches melt away.

We will be praying in Ladies Prayer today for the success of all the willing participants!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home