What a Cow!
Well, I did it. I started on the ball. Very basic and very different compared to what I have done to this point. On the floor with my legs and the ball in the air. On the ball with my legs in the air one at a time. Reach here, touch this, move that. I fell off once and lost the ball a couple of times. I couldn't do the sit ups on it. Not because of the sit ups but because I was afraid to move far enough down my back on the ball. I will practise at home, now that I know what to do. My loving sister got me a ball and mat for my birthday (a year and a half ago, ha ha) Now I know what to do on it. And yes, I felt like a cow. No grace or smoothness this morning. Reach, grunt, breathe and then try again. Reach, grunt, breathe, chase the ball and then try again.
It is important to vary the exercise that you do. Firstly, so you don't get bored. Secondly so your body does not adapt to it and you don't get the full benefit of the exercise. Include aerobic, strength and stretching. What I've been reading says that the cardio (aerobic) is important for weight loss and the strength(resistance) is important for our bones (osteoporosis). Stretching is for flexibility. As women we need all of these especially as we grow older.
Vary the order of the exercises that you do. Vary the intensity that you do them. Change and shuffle and make it interesting so you WILL keep it up. We are not talking every day but every 3 weeks or month or so.
Did you do the skating? You know who you are.
It is important to vary the exercise that you do. Firstly, so you don't get bored. Secondly so your body does not adapt to it and you don't get the full benefit of the exercise. Include aerobic, strength and stretching. What I've been reading says that the cardio (aerobic) is important for weight loss and the strength(resistance) is important for our bones (osteoporosis). Stretching is for flexibility. As women we need all of these especially as we grow older.
Vary the order of the exercises that you do. Vary the intensity that you do them. Change and shuffle and make it interesting so you WILL keep it up. We are not talking every day but every 3 weeks or month or so.
Did you do the skating? You know who you are.
1 Comments:
Merbear, see my comment in Well Wishes, you might have to go to archives to get to it.
Post a Comment
<< Home