Sugar Cravings!!!!
Arrrrggghhhh! I am having massive sugar cravings. I don't remember this last time. I am thinking it could be that time of the month???? I still have cycles. I bought some dates and prunes and almonds and crunchy soy nuts. And I have sugar free chocolate mint patties. It just seems to be haunting me though. I have not given in, do not plan to and that is why I am telling you. Now I am accountable to y'all.
The dates are quite high GI and are absorbed really quickly into your system not a reccomended food for me but better than sugar and hopefully it will help without diving into the chocolate.
It is really stupid. Stuff that never bothered me before is just driving me crazy. The chocolate bars in the checkouts, the whipped cream on the kids' starbucks drinks, my boy's lunch junk, his juices, the candy jar, ice cream in the grocery store freezer, the old easter egg in the candy jar (chocolate), Matt telling us about chocolate chip cake, talk about pumps of syrup in coffee. Am I nuts, or what, eh?
These are all facts of life, other people (like Jessie, Amy and Merbear) eat them and keep them under control. It is not like they will go away. Sometimes I wish dieting was like being an alcoholic, you could just stop eating period and not have to deal with it at all. Nope, we have got to eat and control it and not let it control us.
Siiiiiggghhhhh
We shall walk and not faint
The dates are quite high GI and are absorbed really quickly into your system not a reccomended food for me but better than sugar and hopefully it will help without diving into the chocolate.
It is really stupid. Stuff that never bothered me before is just driving me crazy. The chocolate bars in the checkouts, the whipped cream on the kids' starbucks drinks, my boy's lunch junk, his juices, the candy jar, ice cream in the grocery store freezer, the old easter egg in the candy jar (chocolate), Matt telling us about chocolate chip cake, talk about pumps of syrup in coffee. Am I nuts, or what, eh?
These are all facts of life, other people (like Jessie, Amy and Merbear) eat them and keep them under control. It is not like they will go away. Sometimes I wish dieting was like being an alcoholic, you could just stop eating period and not have to deal with it at all. Nope, we have got to eat and control it and not let it control us.
Siiiiiggghhhhh
We shall walk and not faint
3 Comments:
YOU ARE STRONG, Mrs. Wizzle! It is hard, and I may be able to do the sugar thing, but I have other things, like cheese, that is hard for me! I eat cheese with everything, and it's been tough to cut back; but I know we can do it...together!
You are doing such an awsome job Mrs. Wizzle. Take a look at a couple pictures from a year ago.. see the change and you will be happy once again. Raisans seem to help the craving a bit.
You guys are doing really good!!
Sherri,
I thought of drug addicts and cigarette smokers and how they must struggle and thought how we really need to pray for them. So many things must trigger the desire in them again.
I will pray that God will help you with your struggle. It for sure is a mind game. The mind is so powerful.
Like fasting too. Every bread crumb looks good! Things you would never look at twice intice you!
Don't give in. Keep envisioning how you will look and how great you already are looking!
Post a Comment
<< Home