I am reading a book (Apples and Pears The Body Shape Solution for Weight Loss and Wellness) that uses body shape to direct you to a particular diet etc. The main theme throughout the book is that the weight (fat) we carry out front is the fat that is most harmful to us. It is called visceral (pertaining to the soft organs in the abdomen) fat and this fat is connected to Heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, Breast cancer and Endometrial cancer to mention a few.
The major thrust of this book is getting rid of that visceral fat by a combination of diet and exercise. This combination is what works best to reduce the greatest. You also have to realize that inches are as important or more important than pounds. This is not lessening the importance of losing weight but realizing that those inches off happen often when we don't show a weight loss on the scale. Make sure you measure yourself so you can see results other than the scale. Include cardio and resistance in your exercise if you can. If you exercise and diet then the inches and/or the weight will come off. Even if the scale doesn't show it today.
This book also touches on other problems such as Osteoporosis, menopause and hormones. I find it very informative and interesting.
I have done my 3 exercise sessions and am booked tomorrow to do ball exercises for the first time. We have ballercize during the week but I feel like such a cow and all the others are far more experienced.
I am still fighting with after school hunger. Two oranges weren't enough yesterday. Any ideas.
What is everybody else doing for exercise?
How are you all doing?
Keep on keeping on!
Don't stop! you are doing the right thing to be successful losers!
The major thrust of this book is getting rid of that visceral fat by a combination of diet and exercise. This combination is what works best to reduce the greatest. You also have to realize that inches are as important or more important than pounds. This is not lessening the importance of losing weight but realizing that those inches off happen often when we don't show a weight loss on the scale. Make sure you measure yourself so you can see results other than the scale. Include cardio and resistance in your exercise if you can. If you exercise and diet then the inches and/or the weight will come off. Even if the scale doesn't show it today.
This book also touches on other problems such as Osteoporosis, menopause and hormones. I find it very informative and interesting.
I have done my 3 exercise sessions and am booked tomorrow to do ball exercises for the first time. We have ballercize during the week but I feel like such a cow and all the others are far more experienced.
I am still fighting with after school hunger. Two oranges weren't enough yesterday. Any ideas.
What is everybody else doing for exercise?
How are you all doing?
Keep on keeping on!
Don't stop! you are doing the right thing to be successful losers!
2 Comments:
Hmmmm, Mrs. Wizzle, that is a toughie! I did find a really good snack that I eat even when I wasn't eating right all the time. Ryvita crackers with Greek soft feta cheese is awesome, filling, and low in calories.Instead of spreading it on, just bring the feta separately and dip it. Try it!
Adding protein to your snack is suppose to really help.
small apple with cheese stick
small carton non fat yogurt and a few graham cracker sticks
Post a Comment
<< Home