We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Commitment

Helen hit upon the key word to success in any area of our lives....Commitment. If we are not committed to our walk with God or any other thing we want to succeed in we will not succeed.

We have to say I am in this for the long haul of life. I want to feel better...I want to look better....I want to be healthy and lively....

I want it more than I want a temporary taste of food in my mouth. I taste and then it is gone and leaves fat in its place! Then I am so mad at myself.

I for one have to talk myself out of the temptations. Do I want it as bad as I want to succeed at what I am doing? Will I be happy with myself when I give in? I try to envision myself looking so good when I have loss my weight.

Feeling good is so temporary if I give in.....and the feeling I get when I get on the scales and see loss or look at myself in that skirt I couldn't wear......the good feeling is so lasting!!!!

I have to talk out loud sometimes to myself. I actually have to reason with myself.

If you really want a taste of that cake.....drink a glass of water first and then take a bite to fulfill the desire. There you have the taste but not the residue of the whole piece in your system.

And make an appointment for the exercise. I find that if I don't get it over with in the morning I will make excuses and neglect it. Or make an appointment to meet someone to exercise. You won't want to call and cancel.

Commit today! For sure, NO MORE EXCUSES!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy St. Pierre said...

Yep, it is such a choice! I was offered some yummy dessert last night too, and yes, I had a couple small bites, and that was good for me! It was tempting to eat it all, but at this point, how can I give up now?

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home