We B Fit

A blog site created for inspiration, tips, and general information for becoming a more fit you!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Another Saying

Another cute saying that has stuck in my head is:

"Nothing taste as good as skinny feels!"

Of course we are not after being "skinny" but you can substitute any other word there.....slimmer....healthy.....etc

I used it on myself the other night when I was at a place where they were serving the most delicious looking brownies!

I had been able to wear a skirt to the function that I had not been able to wear in quite some time. I just sat there and said "No, those brownies will not taste as good as wearing this skirt feels!"...and then I proceeded to take out my trusty little mini Tootsie Rolls and withstood the temptation.

Two things were in play in my success at that moment...

1. I talked myself out of it

2. I was prepared with an alternative treat.

It worked!

9 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Wizzle said...

Good going! You planned for success and succeed you did. Treats and goodies are a part of life. Especially Pentecostal life. If we make good choices, such as tootsie rolls versus brownies, we still satisfy our "sweet tooth" and have not destroyed our weight loss program. Except for me, no tootsie roll no brownie

6:56 AM  
Blogger Judy King said...

We have to figure something out for you Mrs. Wizzle....surely there is something!!!!

If not....I sure admire your determination and will....if I have to talk myself into Tootsie Roll versus brownie...and you don't have an alternative....I can't believe what a fight it is for you!

We have to come up with something...sugar free doesn't work? Something chocolate with sugar substitute?

7:39 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Wizzle said...

Hey, I'm okay with that! That is what I discovered in December! I have sugar free mint patties from the states and sugar free chocolate bars from Walmart here and sugar free mints and cinnamon candy. I do fine most of the time as long as I don't overdo them. Sometimes 1 is too many. Then I just shut down on them for a few days and slowly try them again. I'm okay. No sugar is easier for me than trying Now I am working on reducing breads. Thanks for the thoughts.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Wizzle said...

oops typo no sugar is easier than trying to control it for me.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Judy King said...

For sure Merbear...I have just fit into a couple that were unwearable at the first of the year! I am so excited....it has motivated me to get into the other ones...without long tops that is!!!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Judy King said...

Mrs. Wizzle...oh I am so glad you do have something to help the chocolate sweet urge!

Angel Hair Pasta is the hard one for me...I love it with heart smart margarine and salt on it...it is my comfort food...I could eat a giant bowl of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAHHHHHHHH!!!!! I would take it over dessert!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Jessica deLeeuw said...

I use the sugar substitute in my tea too... It doesn't taste the same.. but oh well.. Usually once your body is off of the sugar... you don't crave it as much.. tootsie rolls and licorice from community are good substitutes!!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Amy St. Pierre said...

The tootsie roll thing is a blessing! I love them and just one does wonders for my cravings! I'd like to meet whoever invented those...

4:48 PM  
Blogger Judy King said...

Maybe we should invent the mini tootsie roll diet! Make a million writing a book on it! LOL

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home